Teen Clinic by Variety Care
- About Teen Clinic
- Online Registration/Consent Form
- Education Services
- Clinical Services - PDF: Teen Clinic 2021-2022 Schedule - ENG
- PDF: Teen Clinic 2021-2022 Schedule - SPAN
- Additional services
- Contact us directly or through social media
About Teen Clinic
Teen Clinic is a program by Variety Care established in 2011 to empower youth with medically accurate sexual health education and accessible support services. Our program consists of Adolescent Health Specialists, a Clinical Access Coordinator, and a Manager of Adolescent Health Education. Teen Clinic is in a collaboration of partnering organizations participating in the sexual health collective for youth known as THRIVE.
Register for Teen Clinic
Please click here to fill out the secure, online Teen Clinic registration form on your phone, tablet, or computer. If you fill out the online form, the other forms on this page are usually not necessary.
Why Teen Clinic?
- Oklahoma is consistently in the top five states for highest teen birth rates in the United States.
- Teen parents are more likely to drop out of high school, and even less likely to graduate. Teen mothers are likely to have a second unplanned pregnancy.
- The current generation of teens and young adults are the first to see an increase in HIV infections since the early 1990s.
- Youth ages 15-24 make up just over ¼ of the sexually active population, but account for ½ of the 20 million new sexually transmitted infections that occur in the US each year.
What We Do:
Teen Clinic by Variety Care provides evidence-based sexual health curricula to students in Oklahoma County.
Topics covered include:
- Healthy Relationships
- Unplanned Pregnancy Prevention
- STI Prevention
- Goal Setting
In accordance with state law, it is our policy that every student receiving sexual health education have a signed consent form on file. Students may self-consent if they are 18 or older, emancipated, or pregnant and/or parenting, otherwise consent forms must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Parents/guardians: Click here to fill out the education consent form online.
Or, a PDF version of the sex education consent form is available:
Teen Clinic provides after-school clinics twice a month at Variety Care for youth ages 13-19. The after-school clinic events offer sexual and reproductive health services from teen-friendly medical providers at no cost to teens. Services are provided on a first come, first serve basis. Teen Clinic dates and locations for the 2021-2022 school year can be found here.
- Long acting reversible contraceptives (LARCs): Intrauterine Devices (IUDs) and the Hormonal Implant (Nexplanon)
- Traditional methods: The Shot (Depo-Provera), birth control pills, vaginal ring (Nuva Ring), and the hormonal patch
** Minors may require parental consent to access birth control methods, please review Oklahoma’s Minors Rights to Self-Consent regarding birth control. If a minor does not meet the qualifications for self-consent, they can bring a Permission to Treat Student form signed by their parent/guardian with them to the Teen Clinic event or bring a parent/guardian to provide parental consent.
- Routine tests: Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis B and C, HIV, and Syphilis
- Additional screenings available upon request: Herpes, Trichomoniasis, and Pubic Lice
* Any person in the state of Oklahoma may self-consent to STI testing and treatment regardless of age*
TESTING FOR BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS, YEAST INFECTION OR URINARY TRACT INFORMATION
EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTION ALSO KNOWN AS PLAN B
FREE INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONDOMS, LUBRICANT, DENTAL DAMS, ETC.
- Goody bags at Variety Care locations – Any teen or young person can go to the front desk at any Oklahoma City or Norman Variety Care locations and ask for a “goody bag”, which is a bag of 10 external condoms.
- Teen Parent Coordinators employed by both Variety Care and OKCPS who can assist pregnant and/or parenting teens who attend a school within the OKCPS district with accessing resources.
- North Side schools: 405-205-1399
- South Side schools: 405-628-2783
- 24/7 text hotline (405) 882-3598 for youth to ask questions regarding sexual health or to get help accessing services.
- Any teen age 13-19 can text the Teen Clinic hotline to access emergency contraception from a Variety Care pharmacy.
* Any person in the state of Oklahoma may self-consent to emergency contraception regardless of age*
- Facebook - Teen Clinic by Variety Care
- Instagram - @TeenClinicOK
- Twitter - @TeenClinicOK
- 24/7 Text Hotline: 405-882-3598
- Spanish Text Hotline: 405-439-6558
- Director of Adolescent Health Education: Kali Parks, M.Ed. 405-632-6688 ext. 11766 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Coordinator: Holly Parker, CHES. 405-632-6688 ext. 11767 or email@example.com
- Clinical Access Coordinator: Ivelisse Matos Barrios 405-632-6688 ext. 11772 or firstname.lastname@example.org