Your First Visit

What to bring with you

For first-time patients, please bring...

Identification, such as:

  • Social Security card or
  • Valid driver's license or
  • Birth Certificate or
  • Another form of official identification


Proof of Current Address, such as:

  • Recent utility bill,
  • Rent or mortgage receipt,
  • Recent pay stub (document must have patients' home address)

Please bring all current medications with you.

Insured Patients

Please bring your insurance card if you have Medicare, Sooner Care, Medicaid, or private insurance. Private insurance patients can only be seen at our Straka Terrace, NW 10th Street, N. Portland, Fort Cobb and Big Pasture locations.

Uninsured Patients

At all of our locations, an uninsured patient will need to bring in a proof of income to be placed on the sliding fee scale. Many items can be considered a proof of income:

  • Pay stub/Unemployment check stub or
  • Recent tax return/ most recent W-2 or
  • Notarized letter from employer to prove your family income or
  • Notarized letter from friend/family member stating unemployment or
  • Statement of income signed by your employer with a valid telephone number

To enroll in Medicaid or Soon to be Sooners, please provide:

  • Name, dates of birth and social security numbers of all who live in the home
  • Proof of identity: driver's license, tribal identification card, school ID, passport or other photo ID
  • Income of all members of the household who work, the company name, address and phone number
  • If no member of the household works, a letter of support from the person who supports the family
  • A parent must fill out and sign applications for persons under 18 years of age
  • If you are applying for Medicaid, please provide a proof of citizenship: birth certificate, passport or certification of naturalization


If your child is getting immunizations, please bring your child's most current shot records.

If you are bringing a child in for an appointment, and you are not their legal guardian or parent, please call (405) 632-6688 to ask about appropriate documentation.


US citizenship is not required for WIC services but you do have to prove where you live and your identity. Listed below are some samples of documents that will be considered acceptable proof. If you have questions, please call (405) 232-0616.

  • Identification, such as: driver's license, passport, military ID, or court issued documents
  • Proof of Current Address: Recent utility bill, rent or mortgage receipt, recent pay stub (document must have participants' home address)
  • Proof of Income: Pay stubs, (two from last 90 days per working person), Medicaid document showing current eligibility, W-2 forms or income tax return, unemployment compensation letter/notice, or child support payment